Our vision is to be recognized by Dillon’s key stakeholders - our owners, employees, clients, and the public – for our pursuit of excellence in corporate social responsibility.
Our commitment to conduct our operations in an environmentally conscious and socially inclusive fashion influences our strategy for sustainable growth. We recognize the important role that our operations play in achieving a culture of sustainability - both in the services we provide and the way we do business – and have developed this policy accordingly.
- We have accountable and transparent leaders who understand the importance of corporate social responsibility in our business operations and uphold corporate social responsibility as a strategic and ethical business principle
- We periodically review our corporate social responsibility policies and practices and address related risks, such as market and competition, reputation, strategic, regulatory, and operational.
- We are committed to reviewing, tracking, monitoring, and evolving our sustainability programs and services and provide transparent reporting on our progress.
- We are accountable to people and the planet and have chosen to align our operations with the United Nations Global Compact in the areas of human rights, labour, environment, anti-corruption and advance broader societal goals, such as the Sustainable Development Goals.
- We recognize the importance of and promote diversity, inclusivity, safety, and accommodation in our organization and workplaces.
Our commitment to corporate social responsibility is a choice that we make for the benefit of our business growth and culture, the benefit of people and the planet, and the benefit in knowing that our business operates holistically, inclusively and ethically. For our full Corporate Sustainability Policy, click here.
Our Board-approved Sustainability Commitments are listed below:
- Commitment 1 - Dillon is committed to reducing our Scope 1, Scope 2, and Scope 3 carbon emissions, and will join the Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTi) to formalize, monitor, and recognize our achievements in reducing our carbon footprint. Using 2019 as a baseline, we will decrease our carbon emissions 30% by 2030, and achieve Net Zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- Commitment 2 - Dillon is committed to annually growing the proportion of our revenue generated by “Sustainability Services.” We define ‘sustainability services’ as Dillon service offerings that directly support the 17 Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations (UN), or directly influence any of the indicators identified by the UN to measure these goals.
- Commitment 3 - Dillon is committed to providing a healthy and safe work environment that protects and promotes the physical, psychological, and social well-being of our employees.
- Commitment 4 - Dillon is committed to being an inclusive business and to achieving diversity within our Ownership Group, across our Operating Units, and throughout the Dillon community. We recognize that this will be a continuous journey, and will continue to evolve as the diversity within our communities continues to evolve.
- Commitment 5 - Dillon is committed to economic inclusion, and will continue to offer all employees the opportunity to share in the profits generated by the firm by becoming a Dillon Owner.
- Commitment 6 - Dillon is committed to operating our business in a manner that is aligned with our Core Values. These values will continue to guide the projects we undertake, the communities in which we work, and the partners/suppliers that we chose to rely on.
A full version of our Fiscal Year 2022 Report on Corporate Social Responsibility is available here: Sustainability Matters 2022.