Environmental Engineer - Project Manager
Dillon is a well established, employee-owned professional consulting firm operating across Canada and internationally. We provide a wide range of consulting and design services related to the infrastructure, real estate, resource, industrial and government sectors in Canada and abroad.
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of an Environmental/Geological/Civil Engineer (waste management, design and specifications, wastewater management, remediation) in our Yellowknife office.
- Manage environmental engineering projects in Northern Canada, including preparation of work plans with associated budgets and schedules.
- Manage health and safety onsite for field projects, coordinate field programs, prepare project contracts/agreements, complete sub-contractor oversight and organize/manage field teams.
- Respond to Request to Proposals related to environmental engineering work and develop strong client relationships.
- Understand environmental regulations related to contaminated sites work in Northwest Territories and Nunavut, and other jurisdictions (e.g., Federal Lands)
- Coordinate and manage environmental projects including environmental site assessments (ESAs), hazardous materials assessments, community wastewater and solid waste planning and ongoing monitoring programs, hydrogeological studies, and site remediation projects.
- Design sampling programs for the collection of soil, groundwater, surface water and sediments.
- Design earthworks and engineering solutions for community wastewater and solid waste treatment.
- Work with remediation technical teams on development of site remediation options and/or contaminated site management options.
- Lead the management and interpretation of data, and preparation of technical contaminated site reports.
- Input to the career development of junior staff including providing technical direction, training recommendations, coaching and mentoring
- Contributions to Dillon’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees.
- Business travel and field work may be required.
- A degree in environmental engineering, or another relevant engineering discipline is required.
- Licensed to practice as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.)in the Northwest Territories/Nunavut and eligible for Alberta.
- Experience in contaminated site management under Provincial, Federal or Territorial regulatory frameworks.
- Experience with field techniques and sampling protocols.
- 7 to 10 years’ experience, including consulting and/or environmental related fields.
- Strong background in project management, contaminated site management, remote wastewater, solid waste, drinking water treatment, geosciences, and health and safety.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated capabilities in multidisciplinary teamwork well as the ability to work independently.
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of products.
- Understanding of CADD, GIS, GINT or database abilities will be an asset.
Environmental Risk Identification and Evaluation and Groundwater Management
Environmental Management Programs
Sep 25, 2018
Apply online or by providing a cover letter and resume of education and experience to:
Recruitment Manager, Dillon Consulting Limited
800-235 Yorkland Blvd., Toronto, ON, M2J 4Y8