Water and wastewater engineering is a process design group with emphasis on treatment systems. We implement water supply systems and wastewater treatment facilities for municipal governments, First Nations communities, and private industry.
The supply of clean water and the treatment of wastewater from domestic and industrial sources are often closely related. Our experience covers a wide range of treatment systems from small on-site systems to large complex vertical works and multidisciplinary projects. We are well versed in alternative project delivery methods, including public private partnerships and design build projects.
Our services include:
- Municipal master planning and environmental assessments
- Integrated wastewater management for industrial facilities and campuses
- Permitting and compliance support
- Distribution and collection system design including pump stations, forcemains, retention and surge structures, reservoirs and disinfection systems
- Treatment process design including conceptual, preliminary and detailed engineering
- Innovative cost effective treatment alternatives, operator friendly and energy efficient plant configurations
- Process design and supporting selection of the technology required to achieve water quality and quantity objectives
- Design of structures, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and control systems required to support integration with existing infrastructure
- Coordination of multidisciplinary teams of engineers, planners, and scientists from concept to completion
- Construction observation and contract administration for complex vertical works
- Assistance for process start-up, commissioning, optimization and troubleshooting
- Condition assessment and asset management planning