Dillon recognizes the need for clients to assess baseline greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and develop effective plans to reduce their GHG footprint. This has become a significant issue for large emitters in recent years. We provide comprehensive GHG emissions management services.
Dillon is a recognized Validation and Verification Body (VVB) with the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) for third-party GHG validation and verification services under ISO 14065:2013, "Greenhouse gases - Requirements for greenhouse validation and verification bodies for use in accreditation or other forms of recognition", Accreditation ID: 8896.
The GHG Programs Dillon operates within the ANSI accreditation system include:
- Ontario Regulation (O.Reg.) 390/18
- British Columbia Greenhouse Gas Emission Reporting Regulation
- British Columbia Greenhouse Gas Emission Control Regulation
- Province of Nova Scotia, Greenhouse Gas Emission Regulations
- Verra (formerly Verified Carbon Standard)
- The Climate Registry (TCR)
- Newfoundland and Labrador Regulation 14/17
- The Management Reduction of Greenhouse Gases Act (Saskatchewan)
- Canadian Federal Backstop Program (Offset Based Pricing System)
Additional programs include, but are not limited to:
- Alberta Carbon Competitiveness Incentive Regulation (formerly the Specified Gas Emitters Regulation)
- California Air Resources Board (ARB) Offset Verification (ODS and Livestock Projects)
- American Carbon Registry (ACR)
- Climate Action Reserve (CAR)
Dillon is accredited to perform VVB assignments in the following sectors.
|General ||N/A ||Yes |
|Manufacturing ||N/A ||Yes |
|Power Generation ||N/A ||Yes |
|Electric Power Transactions ||N/A ||N/A |
|Mining and Mineral Production ||N/A |
|Metals Production ||N/A ||Yes |
|Chemical Production ||N/A ||Yes |
|Oil and Gas Extraction, Production, and Refining including Petrochemicals ||N/A ||Yes |
|Waste ||N/A ||Yes |
|Agriculture, Forestry and Other Land Use (AFOLU) ||N/A ||N/A |
|GHG emission reductions from fuel combustion ||N/A ||Yes |
|GHG emission reductions from industrial processes ||N/A ||Yes |
|Land use, land use change and forestry ||N/A ||N/A |
|Carbon capture and storage ||N/A ||N/A |
|Livestock ||N/A ||Yes |
|Waste handling and disposal ||N/A ||Yes |
Dillon is also listed as an accredited third-party GHG Verification Body by the California Air Resources Board (ARB) under the California compliance offset (cap-and-trade) program for Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS) and Livestock projects across the United States.
To learn more about our services, please send a detailed e-mail to GHGServices@dillon.ca.
Appeals and Complaints
Dillon maintains both an appeals and complaints procedure for this service area. Click here to read both procedures.
Confidentiality and Impartiality