Commercial Properties Limited's Ordnance Building in Saint John, NB, recently earned the first Energy Star building certification for energy efficiency. “The designation is given to buildings who perform in the top 25 percent of all buildings in the country, based on the Energy Star database”. This is the first time the building designation has been available in Canada.
Built in 1842, the Ordnance Building at 274 Sydney Street, was originally a British military depot for weapons and ammunition storage. It is the only surviving military building in Saint John. The building was recently restored by Commercial Properties Limited for commercial use and included a design to keep original doors and other reminders of it's past use. Dillon relocated the Saint John office to this building in 2010 and is one of the two tenants of the restored building. A primary reason for moving to the Ordnance Building was its sustainable footprint, which aligns with Dillon’s Corporate Sustainability program.