In celebration of Earth Day, Dillon staff have organized a number of events in their communities and offices.
- Participating in area-wide community clean-ups and beautification projects
- Creating of more green space inside our offices with indoor plants and vegetable garden start-ups
- Hosting e-waste disposal days and coordinated drop-offs to disposal sites
- Experimenting with alternative modes of transportation to/from work through commuter challenges
- Neighbourhood tree planting
- Implementing office-specific “Earth Hours” to reduce energy consumption
These activities are supported by Dillon’s Environment and Community Investment Fund as a part of our overall Corporate Sustainability Strategy.