Dillon is a well established, employee-owned professional consulting firm operating across Canada and internationally. We provide a wide range of consulting and design services related to the infrastructure, real estate, resource, industrial and government sectors in Canada and abroad.
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of (Planner with) a Community Planning, Environmental Planning, or Landscape Architecture background for our New Graduate Community.
At Dillon, we develop our people into outstanding technical experts, consultants and leaders. Our New Grad Community fosters this development by offering a challenging, fast- paced development program for recent graduates and provides the tools and opportunities to accelerate your career.
- Preparation of and contribution to technical reports and plans including policy documents, feasibility studies, environmental assessments, Planning Justification reports, transportation plans, Trails Plans, Landscape Plans, Urban Design Guidelines, Master Environmental Servicing Studies, Policy Conformity, Official Plans & Amendments, etc
- Preparation of engagement materials, including online approaches
- Participation in Public and agency consultation programs, and well as engagement with Indigenous Communities
- Collaboration with and assistance to project managers and team members including biologists, engineers, planners, landscape architects and environmental scientists
- Liaison with public and private sector clients
- Contribution to business development activities including proposal preparation and presentations
- Contributions to Dillon’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
- Business travel upon request
- A degree (or Master’s) in Urban Planning, Civil Engineering (with transportation focus), Environmental Studies, Environmental Sustainability, Geography, Landscape Architecture, Landscape Planner or a related discipline
- Eligibility to obtain membership/candidacy in relevant Professional Associations including the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP), OALA
- A valid full driver’s license
- Versatile, adaptable, and willing to conduct a variety of tasks
- Knowledge of relevant provincial and federal environmental legislation and policies
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: land use planning, development approvals process, sustainable community design, environmental assessments, urban redevelopment, transportation and transit design, stakeholder engagement, planning policy, landscape plans
- Proficient in data entry, data compilation and the management of databases and information synthesis
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills
- Proficient in the writing of technical reports
- Demonstrated abilities in multidisciplinary teamwork
- Strong communication, report writing, organization and interpersonal skills
- Interest in working in the consulting industry, previous experience an asset
- Working knowledge of the following programs would be considered an asset: ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suites, other 3D programs
Applications will be accepted from those that have or will graduate with an undergraduate or graduate degree between spring 2016 and spring 2018. Applications should include the following:
- Current resume highlighting education, qualifications, previous employment and volunteer experience
- One page cover letter which indicates the type of position for which you are applying and preferred office location(s)
- One page answer that addresses one of the following questions:
- Technology drives change: What do you see as the most significant technology that will influence your career?
- Climate change has arrived and it is impacting all of us: How do you see climate change affecting your technical area?
- Sustainability is changing how our clients approach projects: How will sustainability influence your technical area?
- Public policy drives much of what we do: How do changes in government influence client decision making?
If you are interested in joining Dillon and this exciting new program, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We regret that only those candidates qualifying for an interview will be contacted by a member of the Talent Acquisition team. We encourage you continue to refer to our career page as new opportunities become available and updated on a regular basis.
Planning and Design
Community Planning and Urban Design
Jun 27, 2018
Apply online or by providing a cover letter and resume of education and experience to:
Recruitment Manager, Dillon Consulting Limited
800-235 Yorkland Blvd., Toronto, ON, M2J 4Y8