Dillon is a well-established, employee-owned professional consulting firm operating across Canada and internationally. We provide a wide range of consulting and design services related to the infrastructure, real estate, resource, industrial and government sectors in Canada and abroad.
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Intermediate Environmental Professional in our Calgary, Alberta office.
- Coordinate contaminated sites projects in Western Canada, including: Phase I, II & III ESAs, hydrogeological investigations, soil and groundwater sampling programs, surface water and sediment sampling programs, soil vapour sampling, and contaminated site remediation projects.
- Assist with Requests for Proposal related to contaminated sites work.
- Prepare health and safety plans for field projects, coordinate field programs, prepare project contracts/agreements, complete sub-contractor selection and organize/manage field teams.
- Coordinate, manage and build business relationships with service providers (e.g., laboratories, sub-contractor) and third-party stakeholders.
- Understand environmental regulations related to contaminated sites and waste management work in Alberta.
- Contribute to the design of sampling programs for the collection of soil, groundwater, surface water and sediments.
- Complete reporting requirements (database updates, , borehole logs, summary tables, groundwater contour plots and figures.
- Work with technical teams on site remediation options and/or contaminant site management options.
- Actively participate in the career development of junior field staff including providing technical direction, training recommendations, coaching and mentoring
- Contribute to Dillon's corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees.
- Business travel and field work may be required.
- Committed to a culture of quality including a keen attention to detail.
- Strong geoscience field based experience and commitment to health and safety.
- Exposure and understanding of Alberta Environment and Parks regulatory framework for contaminated sites.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated capabilities in multidisciplinary teamwork as well as the ability to work independently.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- A degree in geology, civil or environmental engineering, hydrogeology, or another relevant environmental science or engineering discipline.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure within two years to practice as an environmental professional as recognized by Alberta Environment and Parks.
- Recognized technical leadership
- Valid Driver’s License
Dillon offers competitive salaries, health benefits and a generous retirement savings plan.
- More than four years of experience in the geosciences (consulting or related industrial experience)
- Experience on projects in remote and urban locations
- Technical exposure to several of the following: geology, hydrogeology, field procedures, environmental chemistry, contracting/construction, geotechnical concerns, environmental and remediation engineering, site characterization, waste management, landfill monitoring, and health and safety.
- Experience working around heavy equipment, including drill rigs and excavators
- Ground disturbance training would be consider an asset
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office family of products
- Proficiency in several of the following: CAD, GIS, Surfer, GINT, ESdat or database abilities will be considered an asset
Remediation and Risk Control
Environmental Risk Identification and Evaluation and Groundwater Management
Nov 14, 2018
Apply online or by providing a cover letter and resume of education and experience to:
Talent Acquisition, Dillon Consulting Limited
800-235 Yorkland Blvd., Toronto, ON, M2J 4Y8