Environmental Engineers/Technicians and Natural Resource Management/Biologists
Dillon is a well established, employee-owned professional consulting firm operating across Canada and internationally. We provide a wide range of consulting and design services related to the infrastructure, real estate, resource, industrial and government sectors in Canada and abroad.
At Dillon, we develop our people into outstanding technical experts, consultants and leaders. Our New Grad Community fosters this development by offering a challenging, fast- paced development program for recent graduates and provides the tools and opportunities to accelerate your career.
Always looking to add talented graduates to our team of technical professionals, as of spring, 2018, we are looking to add staff to the following offices and disciplines:
- Natural Resource Management/Biologist – Greater Toronto Area (Kitchener, Oakville or Toronto)
- Environmental Engineers and/or Technicians – Windsor, Winnipeg, Fredericton, Saint John and/or Halifax
For those with an Environmental Sciences background, some key responsibilities and qualifications will include:
- Completion of activities including preparation of sampling plans, collection and compilation of field data, digital geo-referenced data, and, completion of field notes
- Preparation of and contribution to technical reports
- Contribution to environmental monitoring tasks on construction and industrial sites
- Assistance in the development of environmental management programs such as environmental protection plans, environmental permits, and other environmental compliance documentation
- Collaboration with and assistance to project managers and team members including biologists, engineers, planners, and environmental scientists
- Business travel upon request
- A degree and/or diploma in Engineering, Ecology, Biology or Environmental Science or a related environmental discipline
- Ability to collect field data according to provincial and/or federal requirements
- A valid driver’s license
- Versatile, adaptable, and willing to conduct a variety of tasks
- Strong interest in field work, physically able to walk through difficult terrain for extended periods of time
- Knowledge of relevant provincial and federal environmental legislation and policies
- Knowledge of general construction practices and environmental mitigation measures
- Experience in the collection of biological and physical field data
- Experience in conducting environmental baseline programs and environmental impact assessments would be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS would be considered an asset
- Proficient in data entry, data compilation and the management of databases
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills
- Proficient in the writing of technical reports
Applications will be accepted from those that have or will graduate with an undergraduate or graduate degree between spring 2016 and spring 2018. Applications should include the following:
- Current resume highlighting education, qualifications, previous employment and volunteer experience
- One page cover letter which indicates the type of position for which you are applying and preferred office location(s)
- One page answer that addresses one of the following questions:
- Technology drives change: What do you see as the most significant technology that will influence your career?
- Climate change has arrived and it is impacting all of us: How do you see climate change affecting your technical area?
- Sustainability is changing how our clients approach projects: How will sustainability influence your technical area?
- Public policy drives much of what we do: How do changes in government influence client decision making?
If you are interested in joining Dillon and this exciting new program, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We regret that only those candidates qualifying for an interview will be contacted by a member of the Talent Management team. We encourage you continue to refer to our career page as new opportunities become available and updated on a regular basis.
Natural Resource Management
Environmental Management Programs
Oct 4, 2017
Apply online or by providing a cover letter and resume of education and experience to:
Recruitment Manager, Dillon Consulting Limited
800-235 Yorkland Blvd., Toronto, ON, M2J 4Y8